A recent study, GoodHome Report (scientifically carried out by the Happiness Institute in Copenhagen), found that happiness in the home is only second to our mental health in terms of our sense of well being. It's more important to us than our physical health, our jobs and even how much money we have in the bank. So learning how to create a home that not only looks stylish but also really lifts us emotionally is, I know you’ll agree, absolutely crucial!
It wasn’t until I discovered the Wright Theory, which set out to prove and understand the real affects of colour on our psychology, that my own interior design practice was deeply transformed. The study proved how we each individually respond to colour, hue, texture and style in very different ways, which all effect how we feel emotionally in a space. It made me realise that there is so much more to interior design than how a room looks, it's actually more about how a room makes us feel. While the trends are there to inspire fresh ideas, I maintain they are not to be followed! Designing your home is deeply personal and should refelct your authentic sense of style and love of colour. While my personal love of colour is very bright and chromatic I'm dedicated to helping you find your own personal palette. There are no copy-cat interiors here! I'm so excited to share my tried and tested process for unlocking that secret as when you implement it, it's truly game-changing.
Colour Psychology helps you understand your own personal colour preferences and their effect on your happiness and wellbeing.
How to harmonise colour palettes so you can create colour schemes with ease that will connect and flow throughout your house
To have absolute clarity about your own personal sense of style and palette so you can design and shop more confidently
Feel encouraged to make braver design choices with the confidence that you won’t tire of them.
Design rooms that don’t just look pleasing but feel great to be in by understanding how colour and design effects the activity or mood you wish to create.
Understand the relationship between colour, texture, pattern and style
How to make your house truly feel like a home.
- welcome from Sophie
- Getting the most from the course
- Discover your love of colour
- Assignment: Noticing colour
- What is colour psychology and why is it so useful?
- How colour affects our psychology
- The Spring personality
- The Summer personality
- The Autumn personality
- The Winter personality
- Quizz your knowledge
- Assignment: Capture the seasons
- Discover your true self
- Your seasonal personality Quiz
- Your colour personality
- Assignment: Capture your personality
- How colour psychology works for interiors
- Spring interiors
- Summer interiors
- Autumn Interiors
- Winter Interiors
- Four seasons not four looks
- Discover how you want your home to feel
- Assignment: Guided meditation
- Assignment: Create a vision board of your dream home
- The foundations of a harmonious palette
- The joyful palette
- The graceful palette
- The grounded palette
- The striking palette
- Your four harmonious palettes crib sheet
- Playing with palettes
- Assignment: Create your harmonious palette
- Blending palettes to create the right feel in your room
- The other half
- My house tour- what my home says about me
- Designing a room that feels as good as it looks.
- How colour affects our feelings
- The Design Process
- Compiling your scheme - your design road map
- Assignment: Create your scheme
- Be brave, embrace the true you!
- Recommended resources
- Tell me what you think